Memoir of a Writer Interrupted

A sheltered reclusive that metamorphosized into an intelligent, talented, purposed light that shines on people standing unmoved on life's journey...an overanalytical ball of energy that forgets intelligence, talent and purpose after putting my flaws under a micrscope and watching everyone but myself.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Dead drops

Pictures tell stories. Sometimes they lie.

We wear big smiles as the waitress brings our seafood platters. We dance with strangers. Our ex-boyfriends' mistakes hang on display in our eyes. Cheap makeup in bold colors caught with popular hairstyles and fashion fads. We dance with more strangers.

I pile our happier times into a shoebox.

The hole in the backyard is just big enough. Handfuls of dirt slap the box. Leaves flirt with the wind. Trees wave their limbs. God is rearranging the sky. I must move.

My soul has been asking if this is necessary. My mind reminds me of your cold, resounding "no." You are not mad. But you can't forget. And you won't forgive. Your hurt clings closer than our happier times.


You won't allow me to be human.

You and my hope disappear under the greener grass.

I sigh and run to escape the fury of the clouds.

All dead things must be buried.

© Miss Brandy


The Interrupted Artist Speaks displays EXCERPTS of the poetry, works of art or stories I have written. All of these works are original and inspired by God and the creativity within me. If you see phrases that fade off like this….. this means a part of the poem was deleted. Some people take pride in stealing other peoples works and claiming it as their own. For this reason, I won’t publish the entire work. I have a copyright for all excerpts and poems – so if you are one of those people that steals others words– just know that if you use my work, you will not get away. God has given us all enough creativity so that we don’t have to steal others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home