Memoir of a Writer Interrupted

A sheltered reclusive that metamorphosized into an intelligent, talented, purposed light that shines on people standing unmoved on life's journey...an overanalytical ball of energy that forgets intelligence, talent and purpose after putting my flaws under a micrscope and watching everyone but myself.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Too much talking

I fought work for some free time, and I won. The past week I have had my feet up and eyes closed – looking at my laptop as less as possible and opening myself to enjoy family and friends. I needed a break – and time to think of how to jumpstart my writing career without losing sleep, pulling my hair out and banging my head up against the wall at the same time. Though it is a slow process, my plan is coming together. Literally. My plan has been researched and mapped out in an Excel spreadsheet. Of course, I am keeping my plan a secret – even from this blog. This is because of the very important lesson I learned this past year: DON’T TALK, DO.

The problem with explaining future plans in great detail to anyone – family and friends included – is the negativity you will hear. Family and friends love you. They have your best interests at heart and don’t want to see you fail, which I found to be the underlying reason why you will hear every “what if this doesn’t work” and “you need to be more stable” scenario. Some of their concerns are worth thinking about – but my point is,
what is wrong with dreaming? And pursuing a dream? And for that matter, why don’t people dream anymore? And if you did pursue a dream, and failed, why tell other people they will fail at pursuing their dreams?

Quietly pursue your dream. As the success comes you can start talking. The fact that you are successful will lead people to congratulate you instead of telling you why it won’t work. And if some people still insist on pointing out how your plans could backfire on you – just tell them that THE SKY IS NO LONGER THE LIMIT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home