Memoir of a Writer Interrupted

A sheltered reclusive that metamorphosized into an intelligent, talented, purposed light that shines on people standing unmoved on life's journey...an overanalytical ball of energy that forgets intelligence, talent and purpose after putting my flaws under a micrscope and watching everyone but myself.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Creative Corner

FOCUS OR FOLD.....that is what hip hop artist Common says.


The Artist Speaks :

I AM
I’ma jazz
song
-played loud and only once by unknown artists in a New Orleans juke joint.

-born into a generation whose ancestors (on my daddy’s side) told
stories of hardships, misfortunes, and mistakes while picking cotton in Mississippi
fields.

My life walks against the melodic, predictable verses society sings,
my feet continually march off–beat in a military whose men all step at the same
time……

My melody, my destiny
I invent out
Loud………

You will dance and snap your fingers when you hear
my melody
you will applaud me-and forget
that I am complicated.
(c) Miss Brandy

The Artist Speaks displays EXCERPTS of the poetry, works of art or stories I have written. All of these works are original and inspired by God and the creativity within me. If you see phrases that fade off like this….. this means a part of the poem was deleted. Some people take pride in stealing other peoples works and claiming it as their own. For this reason, I won’t publish the entire work. I have a copyright for all excerpts and poems – so if you are one of those people that steals others words– just know that if you use my work, you will not get away. God has given us all enough creativity so that we don’t have to steal others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home